Rio Tinto and Worley (Engineering Procurement Construction Management)
Rio Tinto’s West Angelas mine is located 110km north-west of Newman in Western Australia’s Pilbara.
Scope of Work
West Angelas is the site of Rio Tinto’s “Mine of the Future” project with automated trucks, rock-breakers, drills and blasts controlled from a Perth operations centre.
GEPL was awarded the Enabling Works Deposit C&D in December 2018 and its scope of work includes:
- Enabling works for Deposit C&D
- 6.5 km light vehicle access road construction
- Borrow pit establishment and management
- Camp pad earthworks and drainage
- Clearing and topsoil stripping
- Culverts and turkey’s nest
- Bore lines and equipment
- Cement stabilising of basecourse (Two-coat seal and asphalting)